Reader's

An informal forum for friends to share books. An online book club.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Sphere ***

I recently found myself with nothing to read but a three story collection by Michael Creighton. Sphere was the second story in this monstrous hard cover book. I have never had much interest in scienc fiction, so I read this with some hesitancy. I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this book. Creighton is a master of creating suspense and I found this book hard to put down. A group of people from different occupations - science, math, psychology, computers: are pulled together to go on a mission for the US government and the Navy. What they find in the deep depths of the ocean looks like a space raft - they call it the Sphere. The story is an exciting adventure of disovery, mystery and relationship. 7 people in a confined space, having to co-habitate, rounds out the book with a personal side. Creighton explains and describes the scientific/mathematical concepts in a way that anybody can understand it.

I enjoyed this book - Creighton is a great writer for an easy and exciting read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home